- SALAD INGREDIENTS:
- 2 bunches fresh broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 1/2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups red grapes, halved
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 cup nuts, optional (pine nuts, sunflower seeds, sliced almonds)
- DRESSING INGREDIENTS:
- 1 1/2 cups light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons milk
Container: serving bowl
- Place prepared broccoli, celery, onions, grapes, raisins, and crispy bacon into large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing over broccoli mixture, stirring until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours to overnight allowing the blending of flavors.
- Add nuts just before serving.
- This salad doubles or triples easily to serve a crowd. Other salad ingredient addition recommendations: cauliflower, craisins, bacon bits, and minced sweet onion.
Tiime Saving Tip: Buy pre-cut broccoli, celery, and onions, as well as pre-cooked bacon.